Kussmaul Auto Charge 1000 PLC
- 18A total: 15A battery charger, 3A battery saver
- Microprocessor controlled, completely automatic operation regulates output to a single battery bank
- Precision voltage controller senses battery voltage, eliminating need for sense wires
- Parasitic Load Compensation allows for user input of total accessory load amps on the vehicle. This allows the charger to shift the absorption stage set point so the battery voltage drops to the float voltage when desired current is reached
- Battery Type Selection Switches: Lead-Acid, Gel Cell, AGM or Odyssey
- Float / 3-Step Charge Mode Selection Switches
Compatible with Super Auto Eject with Deluxe Cover 091-55-234-XXX (Bar Graph Display) or 091-55-194B-XXX (Digital Display)
- 3 year warranty
The Auto Charge 1000 with Parasitic Load Compensation (PLC) is a compact, microprocessor controlled, completely automatic, single channel battery charger designed for vehicles with a single battery system. The PLC charger is designed to withstand the shock and vibration encountered by vehicle mounted equipment.
This new Parasitic Load Compensation feature is designed especially to meet the heavy duty requirements of emergency vehicles. Most emergency vehicles have many parasitic loads on their systems (flash lights, gas detectors, computers, monitoring systems and other items) that can trick a standard 3 step charger into over charging the batteries. Parasitic load compensation allows you to input the total number of parasitic load amps on the vehicle. Then the charger will shift the absorption stage set point so the battery voltage will drop to the float voltage when the desired current is reached. In short the parasitic loads are invisible to the charger. This will lead to a longer battery life and no overcharging or overheating.
This charger has three remote indicator options. Option 1, is the standard, 10 Element, Single Bar Graph Display. Order 091-215-12 for this option. Option 2, is the Auto Charge Deluxe Status Indicator. This indicator has a digital voltage and ampere display, a 5 segment bar graph display to indicate the output current, and 4 LED's to show the condition of the batteries. Order 091-215-12-194B for this option. Or Option 3, is the Watertight Auto Charge Deluxe Status Center. This is the same indicator as Option 2, only the indicator is housed in a watertight bezel. The bezel is available in 6 different colors, Red, White, Blue, Yellow, Gray, and Black. Order 091-215-12-194B-WT-XX and specify color choice when ordering this option.